Tuesday 17 November 2009

eBooks


I recently saw something interesting online. eBook. An eBook is a book that you can purchase online, and read on your computer. I don't know if I like this. I like to read a lot, and I've always been fond of having physical books around. Amazon now has this thing called Kindle. Kindle is a wireless reading device that you can upload books on for a small fee. I can see some reasons to get this, but there are a lot of drawbacks. One of the good things about it is that you can have many books on one device, that can be carried around almost anywhere. Yet physical books have abeen around for a long time. I've always been a fan of having a book to hold and then keeping it on my shelf for a later time. Also, imagine if you were on the tube or the bus late at night. Your more likely to get robbed if you were holding a Kindle, that retails around $200, rather than holding a book. I prefer good old books rather than eBooks. Maybe I'm just old fashoned.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a man reading one of these on the plane. He was reading the days newspaper and thought that they were a genius invention (especially for me, since i am always so awkward with large newspapers) until i realized how much they cost...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah my mother has a kindle and she loves it. I really think it depends on the person. For instance, I love being able to write notes in my books and physically hold them, however I defiantly see the advantages of the Kindle.

    ReplyDelete